httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jesse Guardiani <je...@wingnet.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] disable virtual host
Date Fri, 17 Jan 2003 22:18:15 GMT
Hmm... Out of all the replies I've gotten, I think I like
this one the best. Why?

It's scriptable.

I'd love to actually redirect visitors of said un-paid site
to a pretty page explaining the situation, but in the end,
I want to click a button and have 600 users cut off in a
half second.

Granted, I COULD parse the virtual host file and insert a
redirect or something when a user hasn't paid, but it's so
much easier to just check and set directory permissions.

Does anyone think I'm crazy?

Jesse

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,

We are actively looking for companies that do a lot of long
distance faxing and want to cut their long distance bill by
up to 50%.  Contact sales@onerateamerica.com for more info.