httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jurgen <apa...@squarehosting.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] logging banner ads in customer's apache logs
Date Fri, 17 Jan 2003 20:59:10 GMT
Hi,

if your advertisers should see your domain name or IP in their log file, when a request for
a banner is made, then your server will have to be the one connection to their site. Redirecting
doesn't work, because that will result in the visitor's browser being the one connecting to
the advertisers page.
It should be done with a Perl script, I don't know any easy way to do that with apache.

I guess Nelson doesn't understand your question yet, but maybe now.

Jurgen