httpd-users mailing list archives

From Zac Stevens <...@cryptocracy.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Umm, where's mod_logio???
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2003 02:21:41 GMT
On Wed, Jan 15, 2003 at 09:09:52PM -0500, Erich Oliphant wrote:
> OK, I've pulled the latest APACHE_2_0_RELEASE tagged stuff from CVS, and
> sure enough the mod_logio sources are there..  Now the hard part :)

Excellent!

> Should I create my own 'dist' based on the full tree, if so, I'm a little
> unclear about accomplishing this for my purposes.  I found the
> how-to-release.html doc on the site but the 'httpd_roll_release' script
> seems to need to bump rev #'s, tags, etc in the repository.

That's going a bit overboard for what you need :)  It has been a long time
since I have built from CVS, but based on the docs
	http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/install.html
I think you just need to run buildconf and then you can configure and build
as you would an official release.  You'll need autoconf and libtool
installed to run buildconf, however.

> Or should I try to build the mod_logio.c separately?  I've never done this
> 'by hand', w/o configure etc and I will be putting this on a semi-production
> server shortly so I need it to be 'right'.

Not to sure about this one - I'd imagine it's possible, but could well end
up being fiddly.  You might have some luck just putting the appropriate
bits from the CVS sources into your 2.0.42 source tree, but I wouldn't
count on it.

That's about all I can offer...good luck :)

Zac