httpd-users mailing list archives

From Martin Hudec <cor...@corwin.sk>
Subject [users@httpd] limiting user downloads
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2003 12:13:21 GMT
Hi all,

i am sorry for posting such topic here, i know it was answered lot of times,
but i need solution as soon as possible and i simply don't have time to look
through archives.

One of our servers has small RAM (256MB), and many virtual servers running.
One of them is main server, and second one is porn-stuff site. Problem is,
when users starts to download tons of video from porn-stuff site we get
stucked. They are filling all the network buffer and server is not accepting
new connections until old one are served or timed out.

I need solution which will put limitation to users of that porn-stuff site. I
was thinking about allowing only few of them to download video at time. Other
contents of porn-stuff site have to be accessible as before.

Thank you for advices help etc.
Martin Hudec
http://www.corwin.sk
corwin@corwin.sk