httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jurgen <apa...@squarehosting.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] using apache only as a local server
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2003 05:37:01 GMT
Hi,

if you don't want to use a firewall you can specify just a local IP with the Listen directive.

Listen 192.168.10.10:80

This way the web server will not respond to requests coming to your internet IP. But you will
need a network interface with the IP you are using.

If you just connect from the computer itself you could probably use just

Listen 127.0.0.1:80

Jurgen