httpd-users mailing list archives

From Pascal Brugier <pbrug...@easter-eggs.com>
Subject [users@httpd] ProxyPass Logs and index
Date Mon, 13 Jan 2003 20:09:28 GMT
Hello everybody,

I'm new on the list and I hope that my bad English will not be
an problem ;-)

I've a network with 3 public domains:

- 1 for the firewall
- 1 for the dmz
- 1 for the lan

- In the dmz is a bastion with Apache-ssl as ProxyPass:

LoadModule rewrite_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_rewrite.so
LoadModule proxy_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/libproxy.so

NameVirtualHost BASTION:80

<VirtualHost BASTION:80>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^/$ http://10.0.0.67/%{HTTP_HOST} [P]
RewriteLogLevel 5
RewriteLog /var/log/apache/rewrite.log
CustomLog /var/log/apache/proxy-access.log full
ErrorLog /var/log/apache/proxy-error.log
</VirtualHost>

I use this RewriteRule because the domain of the lan is the same
of the dmz and i cant'do in an other way.

- In the Lan is server with Apache

LoadModule rewrite_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_rewrite.so

NameVirtualHost 10.0.0.67:80

<VirtualHost 10.0.0.67:80>
ServerAdmin me@here
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^/(.*)\.easter-eggs\.fr$ /var/www/$1/index.html
RewriteLog /var/log/apache/rewrite.log
RewriteLogLevel 5
ErrorLog /var/log/apache/proxy.easter-eggs.fr-error.log
CustomLog /var/log/apache/proxy.easter-eggs.fr-access.log proxy
</VirtualHost>

My questions are:

1) Is there a solution to have in the server's logs the name or the
   address of the client as we can have it on the proxypass's logs

   I try to create an server environment variable but it doesn't do
   what I want perhaps I didn't do the good solution.

2) In the server RewriteRule I'm obliged to had index.html at
   the end because if I don't do this I obtain the directory
   with all the files/directories which are in and not the file
   index.hml.

   Of course this solution is not good because if I have
   something like index.php or index.htm it doesn't work.

   I try with and without / at the end of the URL or of the
   Rewrite but nothing work as I want and with the solution I
   use the browser doesn't see the redirection as it's good for
   the security we need.

I know, this first mail is very long, but I need help because I
began to think perhaps I don't use the good solution.

Thank you