httpd-users mailing list archives

From Zac Stevens <...@cryptocracy.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Anyone know how to configure XBitHack?
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2003 00:32:56 GMT
On Tue, Jan 07, 2003 at 07:07:19PM -0500, Beauford.2003 wrote:
> Anyone know how to configure XbitHack? = What steps do I need to take to get
> this option to function the way it is intended from step 1 through step ??.

Step 1:  Read the documentation.
Step 2:  Try to apply what you learnt in Step 1.
Step 3:  If you're still having difficulties, clearly state the problem
         encountered.

> I apologize for being a bit abrupt here, but please, use some common sense
> here. The question is as specific as it can be and needs no further
> explanation.

A lot of people have spent a lot of time and effort producing high quality
documentation for the Apache HTTPD, and the various configuration
directives in particular (ie, XBitHack) are very clearly defined.

Your question suggests either that you have not bothered to read the
documentation, or that you're having an odd problem.  In the case of the
latter, we can't help much unless you tell us what you've tried and
described the manner in which it is failing.

Cheers,

Zac