httpd-users mailing list archives

From "James.Q.L" <shijiale...@yahoo.ca>
Subject [users@httpd] proxy question
Date Tue, 07 Jan 2003 01:38:26 GMT
Hi,

I have setup mod_proxy to map request to a.foo.com on gateway to a internal box. setup as
:

<VirtualHost *>
#    DocumentRoot /var/www/html/web
    ServerName a.foo.com
    ProxyPass / http://192.168.0.2/
    ProxyPassReverse / http://192.168.0.2/
    ErrorLog logs/a_error_log
    CustomLog logs/a_access_log common
</VirtualHost>

However when i request a.foo.com, it only connect with the apache server on the gateway box.
no
mapping whatsoever.

I am sure mod_proxy is loaded and a.foo.com exists.

The error log doesn't show anything.  with iptables rules on my gateway box,i suspect that
the
request mapped to internal machine didn't make it and fall back to the gateway box where apache
proxy running. after checking with the log( see any traffic going to 192.168.0.2 , but none
). i
know this is suppose a simple question. but I have no clue why it doesn't do what i want now.

Has this happened to you before ? and suggestion/advice ?

TIA,

=====
/James.Q.L