httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jochen Kaechelin ...@linux.amsjk.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] to all gurus - perchild question
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2003 19:03:37 GMT
Am Montag, 6. Januar 2003 19:45 schrieb Jurgen:
> Hi,
>
> do you mind using a php executable and run it as a cgi script
> like Perl?

I want a suitable solution to run php-scripts (mod_php) under the
user/group as defined in the virtual containers in httpd.conf.

I know that there's a patch for suexec and some other solutions
but someone told me that only the perchild solution is the really
right way (performance, security ....). Most of our clients have
their own dedicated servers, but 2 servers host several domains.

I made some tests with 2.0.43 but without success. We ordered 10
new servers and wan't to start our server consolidation - with
a working perchild-mpm.

--
Jochen Kaechelin