httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jurgen <apa...@squarehosting.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Other Forms of Apache Support
Date Sun, 05 Jan 2003 01:54:29 GMT

I think that the mailing list might be a bit inconvenient initially for the one looking for
answers, but I think it is very convenient for the ones that answer.
It also helps getting answers much faster, because there is almost always someone around and
it also gives the opportunity for a dialog.

If this message was posted on a forum I would never read it and I wouldn't read most of the
stuff here at all and I would hardly answer any questions. I don't think I would have some
forum web page open and reaload it to answer questions or even check it ocationally. The only
real advantage is that it is easier to search through it, but there would be much less poeple
to answer questions.

An finally, who has time to hang out in IRCs all day. It forces you too stay there until you
helped someone or you might feel impolite if you just left.

Jurgen