httpd-users mailing list archives

From Michael Carmack <kar...@karmak.org>
Subject [users@httpd] 2.0.43, mod_negotiation, and cgi
Date Sat, 04 Jan 2003 04:45:04 GMT

Under 2.0.43, mod_negotiation doesn't seem to pick up cgi files. This
is the first 2.0.x release I've tested, after coming from 1.3.x where
cgi and mod_negotiation work fine.

Content negotiation is enabled, and so is cgi. CGI works fine if you call
the script using the full filename, as in

      http://domain.com/path/file.cgi

but does not work if the extension is left off, as in:

      http://domain.com/path/file

Negotiation works fine for .html, .shtml, .php, .txt..., basically
everything except .cgi. This is what shows up in the error log (the
file in this case was called test4.cgi):

[Sat Jan 04 04:27:06 2003] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Negotiation: discovered file(s) matching
request: /net/testhost.karmak.org/www/test4 (None could be negotiated).

I checked the docs, but didn't see any mention of negotiation behaving
differently with cgi in 2.0. Any ideas?

m.