httpd-users mailing list archives

From Peter Jones <apa...@pmade.org>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_cache and mod_cgi
Date Sat, 04 Jan 2003 04:03:42 GMT
I seem to be having some problems with mod_cache and mod_cgid. I added
some debugging statements to the mod_cache CACHE_IN filter to find out
why one of my CGI scripts was not cacheable.

It turns out that the CACHE_IN filter is running before the CGI headers
are placed in r->headers_out (I can't seem to find where this happens).

After playing with the filter registration for the CACHE_IN filter, I
found that using AP_FTYPE_CONTENT_SET+20 placed it in a position where
it could see the CGI headers.

The mod_cache debugging statements in the error log file show that it is
caching the CGI script output now. The only problem, each time you run
the script, mod_cache says the file is not cache and caches it again!

I can't be the only one out there who is trying to get mod_cache to
cache the output of a CGI script. What is everyone else doing to solve
this problem? Has anyone out there successfully gotten mod_cache to
cache the output of CGI scripts?

--
Peter Jones <unix;c++;crypto;vi;4wd;geek> [ http://pmade.org ]