httpd-users mailing list archives

From IOD <...@bsdshell.dyndns.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] apache server 2.0.43
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2003 18:13:26 GMT
I can't get to the site.

I can ping the address but a telnet to port 80
on your ip times out which tells me that either
your ISP is not allowing port 80 connections or
your your router is not set up to do port forwarding.

Many ISPs block port 80 for non-commercial accounts
so for another test you could try starting this up on
port 8080 and reconfiguring your port redirect.

I'm going to assume you started the server but I'm
not getting a connection refused so I don't think
that is the problem.

Looking at your ip address, its from charter.com which
appears to be a cable company. Definitely try on port 8080
and either post back or mail me privately and I will let
you know if I can get to it after that.

iod

On Thu, 2 Jan 2003, David Jones wrote:

> please forgive me but I am new to this ,,,I have downloaded the selfinstalling  server
and I need to know do I need to get anything else to get the http server to work I would like
to host WebPages to the internet
> I have read the docs and I am lost a little bit about addind  users to this server  I
have the server running but all I  keep getting is a  Apache server test page
> the server address is  http://jonespc.no-ip.biz or http://66.169.76.105  im not sure
if it will work because I have the server behind a linksys router but I did config the ports
for port 80 to goto the cpu with the server