httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Atzen / Interflow <...@interflow.dk>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache processes gone crazy
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2003 11:01:15 GMT
Hello,

I'm having serious trouble with my apache installation. When I start
apache the load on the server hits the roof. top shows 2-8 httpd
processes sucking up all the CPU time and memory. It seems that the
processes just keep on sucking up memory until the system is out of
memory and the httpd gets killed.

I'm running apache-1.3.27 with PHP 4.1.2 as a DSO on a RedHat7.1 linux
system.

I've searched google and the documentation in vain, but if I missed
something please let me know.

Any and all help finding out what is going on will be greatly appreciated.

--
Kind regards
Jacob Atzen