httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Nelson, Robert D." <RDNel...@Mail.Donaldson.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache proxy
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2003 17:47:38 GMT
James:

> Now there are few pages in the application which are referencing to
> internal IP address of IIS. When internet users try to clink on those
> pages link , it fails cause it can't see the internal ip address.

The obvious and most simple solution for this problem would be to not use
relative addressing on your site.  You can make this work even if you have
multiple back-end application servers by doing some creative proxying.  For
example, if you have two servers that serve up different areas of an app,
try...

 ProxyPass /appArea1 http://app1.domain.tld/
 ProxyPassReverse /appArea1 http://app1.domain.tld/
 ProxyPass /appArea2 http://app2.domain.tld/
 ProxyPassReverse /appArea2 http://app2.domain.tld/

> Solution required
> -------------------------
> I am looking for a solution which can get the pages from Internet IIS
> server to apache proxy server, search for a pattern of internal IP
> address in those page, replace the pattern with external IP
> address and
> then send those pages to client browser. Is it possible? If
> yes then can
> you please refer me to the right resource?

I don't know of any out-of-the-box solutions for doing textual
search/replace within the served code itself.  This seems like something
that someone would have written by now.  Anyone know where he could find
something like this?

 ~ Robert