httpd-users mailing list archives

From Anthony Abby <anthonya...@aplusdata.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Protocol Died Unexpectedly Error
Date Sat, 25 Jan 2003 16:02:18 GMT
I started experiencing a problem with Apache this morning, that I hope
someone can explain to me.

When I try to connect to my website I get the following error:  The
process for the http://www.aplusdata.com protocol died unexpectedly.
I've run some google searches but didn't come up with any concrete
answers to why this started all of a sudden.  It started this morning
after I had edited commonhttpd.conf (added a new <Directory></Directory
in).  commenting, or taking that new section out of commonhttpd.conf,
then restarting httpd doesn't fix the problem.

I have the following apache/php/mysql packages installed on my server:

apache-conf-1.3.26-3mdk
apache-mod_perl-1.3.26_1.27-7mdk
apache-modules-1.3.26-6.1mdk
apache-manual-1.3.26-6.1mdk
apache-common-1.3.26-6.1mdk
apache-1.3.26-6.1mdk
libmysql10-3.23.52-1.2mdk
MySQL-client-3.23.52-1.2mdk
MySQL-Max-3.23.52-1.2mdk
MySQL-3.23.52-1.2mdk
php-common-4.2.3-1mdk
php-4.2.3-1mdk
mod_php-4.2.3-1mdk

Can anyone explain to me what this protocol error really is, and what I
should look at to fix it?  Thanks for any help.

--
Anthony Abby - http://www.aplusdata.com
Comic Book Community News		|  Web Programming