httpd-users mailing list archives

From Lee Fellows <lfell...@4lane.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] VirtualHost Problem - was 2 Problems
Date Mon, 13 Jan 2003 21:09:44 GMT
On Mon, 2003-01-13 at 15:29, Wes Hegge wrote:
> Is there anyway to diagnose this problem I am having.
>  Maybe be able to see what Apache is seeing for the http
> header?  By looking in the logs it looks like it is
> getting www.test.com.

  Try telnetting to www.test.com.  I.E., 'telnet www.test.com 80'.
  You should see something like 'Trying xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx ...'
                                'Connected to www.test.com.'
                                'Escape character is '^}'.'.

  If you get this, type 'GET / HTTP 1.1' and hit enter, then type
  'HOST: WWW.TEST.COM' and hit enter twice.
  Look at the output returned by the server in response.

  This test will work, but you probably want to create a small html file
  and request it: i.e., 'GET /testfile.html HTTP 1.1'.  if your normal
  response page is so large that the output will scroll by before you
  get the opportunity to identify which page actually was returned.

  HTH
--
Lee Fellows <lfellows@4lane.com>