httpd-users mailing list archives

From Lukas Kolbe <lu...@knup.de>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Many processes never leave Keepalive-state
Date Mon, 13 Jan 2003 10:21:51 GMT
Am Mon, 2003-01-13 um 03.40 schrieb Mike Savage:
> You may want to look into using lingerd.
> http://www.iagora.com/about/software/lingerd/
>
> It was written to take care of the linger_close, which is what I believe you
> are experiencing on your server.

Thank you very much, this sounds promising. It may help, I will try it
out!

But here too I also think that it solves just the symptoms, not the root
of the problem. When I have KeepAlive On, there are connections which
_never_ quit, leaving apache's running 30000 seconds or more, until I do
an apachectl restart.

With KeepAlive Off, there are a few apache's in reading-state, that try
to use all available cpu-time and never quit. Dunno :-/.

> Hope that helps,
> Mike

Let's see if this works... thanks!

--