httpd-users mailing list archives

From Renato Salles <maill...@brturbo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] hhtp config file
Date Sun, 05 Jan 2003 03:55:21 GMT
I do.

On Sun, 2003-01-05 at 01:48, David Jones wrote:
> ok i have configured router and httpd file for port 9000
> the server address is http://jonespc.no-ip.biz or http://66.169.76.105
> tell me if anyone gets the server test page please ok
>
> thank you
>
> o and btw thank you for clearing up the confusion about the   #   for me lol

into the file but not confuse the web server (and the administrator) with multiple/contradictory
entries. You need to remove the # from only the directives you want to enable. BTW, chances
are, you will do fine just using Listen 9000.
>   Tom
>
>   David Jones wrote:
>
>     ok let me get this right in the httpd config file i have to remove all of the   <
 #  >  for the file to even work or just the ones infron ot the  Listen   lines
>     sry i am a total newbie to this thing ok
>     but i gotta learn somehow
>     and can you explaine about the ip a little all i done was copy waht was already in
the httpd config file well all but the   9000

will only monitor the interface with that IP bound to it. The one w/o the IP will monitor
all interfaces (real and virtual) on a machine.