httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jacob Coby" <jc...@listingbook.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Setup question - Is this possible?
Date Fri, 24 Jan 2003 21:50:43 GMT
> I've played a bit with Open Domain Server (http://www.ods.org/) but
haven't
> gotten it to work. I think the problem is due to the switch and the router
> not knowing which port the server is on (10.0.0.3).  I'm not sure if this
is
> workable, or if it is, where to even start.
>
> Anyone got a setup like this working?

If I understand correctly, I have the same thing you are describing working
just fine.  3 computers behind a cable router, with one serving up
apache/php/database content.

Really, the only thing you need to do is make your public ip/port 80 route
to the private computer on port 80.  Usually, the lower end routers have a
web interface for configuring the routes at the lowest possible IP for your
private network (.0 or .1, depending).

-Jacob