httpd-users mailing list archives

From Gary Turner <kk...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] pl script error
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2003 21:23:29 GMT
Kevin Smith wrote:

>I've learned that you can miss the most
>obvious things and be adamant that it's fine. ;)
>BTW, I output headers as follows and haven't (as yet) had a problem. I
>always make sure that there is a return after the content-type line as well.
>
>print <<"HTML";
         ^^^^^^
Do you use quotes here?

>... HTML STUFF
>
>HTML
 ^^^^
If so, you must have quotes here or you get a 500 internal server error
due to not finding the string terminator "HTML" before EOF.  You don't
*need* quotes in the print statement.  If you use them, they are part of
the string terminator.

>Thanks,
>
>Kevin

gt                  kk5st@sbcglobal.net
 If someone tells you---
 "I have a sense of humor, but that's not funny."
                                  ---they don't.