httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jacob Coby" <jc...@listingbook.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Runtime failure of httpd v2.0.43 on Solaris 8: fatal: libaprutil-0.so.0: open failed
Date Fri, 17 Jan 2003 16:41:20 GMT
>>In a somewhat related note, I found that configure times
using GCC v3.2.x to be extremely slow.  Three and one half
hours on an unloaded 4x900MHz UltraSPARC V800 w/8GB of RAM
and FC-AL disks.  The make only requires six minutes.

Are there known performance issues affecting GCC 3.x under
Solaris 8 (64-bit)?<<

Holy cow!  I can download apache, php, mod_ssl, openssl, configure all of
them, compile and install all of them, and setup apache in that time!

nice ./configure (with options) only takes about 30 seconds on the active
webserver which is running Linux dual 733 PIIIs and 384mb ram.

3.5hrs is insane.  Is configure hanging up on a specific step or do all of
the configure steps take a long time?

-Jacob