httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jacob Coby" <jc...@listingbook.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 1.3.26
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2003 21:14:21 GMT
> Absolutely -
> The CFServer was at the top cpu usage with MANY MANY oracle processes
> following.
> I am not sure that I need to do any Apache tuning - It may be on the
> ColdFusion and oracle side.

Yeah, I'd definitly check out ColdFusion and Oracle first.  I've never
worked with Oracle, but with Sybase there is a cfg var I can set to limit
the number of processes; they recommend no more than one per CPU.  In your
case, I'd think you would only want to use 4 CPUs or so for Oracle, giving
one or two to ColdFusion and one or two to Apache?

Unless Apache is showing up as a bottleneck, I wouldn't mess with it as long
as everything works now.

-Jacob