httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nelson Goforth <ngofo...@earthnet.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] redirect IP
Date Mon, 20 Jan 2003 14:11:11 GMT
Owen,

Couldn't you skip the "SetEnvIf" section and go straight to the Rewrite?

    RewriteCond %{REMOTE_ADDR} ^127.0.0.1
    RewriteRule ^(.+)$  http://www.domain.tld/$1

I've got just such a rewrite going using the REMOTE_HOST environmental
variable for a client who's changing their domain name.  I add a
permanent redirect (r=301) to the rule so hopefully the search engines
will switch to the new URL.  The user ends up back at the same place
(the server never changed), but with the new domain name.

Or is there something better about SetEnvIf?  I've never played with
that module.

Nelson