httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jacob Coby" <jc...@listingbook.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] graceful stop?
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2003 21:49:30 GMT
>>Bummer, hoped for something a little simpler.  We have apps that
involve significant uploads over geographically widely distributed
lans, and we need this sort of functionality often.<<

Can't rewrite rules be put in .htaccess files?  You could stick a htaccess
with a rewrite * to->"we're busy doing something.html" until the upload is
finished at which point you can remove the htaccess and the sites start
working again.  Current responses would finish while new access would show
the "we're busy, come back later" html.  Plus you get no "site not found"
errors to boot :)

-Jacob