httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Emil" <eboha...@eibassoc.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] I am confused
Date Sat, 11 Jan 2003 21:58:46 GMT
First of all,  THANKS Jeff for trying to get this problem straightened out.

Here is my DirectoryIndex, it is the same on both systems:

DirectoryIndex index.php index.shtml index.html index.html.var index.htm
index.php3

I have checked all of the directives (in both http.conf files) and they are
the same except the 1st system points to C:/FoxServ/www/ for a root document
and the 2nd system points to C:/Apache2/htdocs/.  Neither folder contains a
.htaccess file. System 1 has Apache 2.0.39, system 2 has Apache 2.0.43.

On the 1st system entering a URL of http://testbed/ will give me the
index.php page in that folder.
I will also get the same results with http://testbed/index  or
http://testbed/index.php/

On system 2 entering a URL of http://testbed/ or http://testbed/index.php/
will give me the index.php page in that folder. But when I enter
http://testbed/index  I get a 404 Page not found error.

Results are the same for other pages whether they be .php or .shtml or .html

Emil