httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jeff White" <jlw...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] RotateLogs
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2003 18:33:09 GMT

From: "Koen Vingerhoets"

> Hi!
>
> with the help of users on this list, I managed to write a vbs
scripts that
> - rotates logs
> - mails the most recent log file
> - runs as a scheduled task
> If you want it, just gimme a ring (or mail ;)
>
> Koen

An updated FYI

For more Windows Scripting information try the
Administration scripting examples and the ONLINE
version of the 1328 page book about scripting:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter

A lot of the above 500+ scripting examples, ( but not
all), can be changed for usage with or for or within
any version of Apache for Windows with any current
Windows OS, even though the scripts say, they are
for Windows 2000 or up only.

By using just the command line and Windows
Scripting, like _any_ non Windows OS, one
can compile, (if one has an Apache "supported"
Windows C compiler) and do all the following,
(without needing a C compiler): install, control
and track Apache for Windows via (WSH 5.6),
the current Windows Scripting version.

Windows Scripting
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting

Jeff