httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Gareth Kirwan" <g...@thermeoneurope.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Installing DSO
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2003 11:44:45 GMT
Heya,

	I'm getting to grips with the DSO / sharable object system a lot
better now - thank you.

	The configure I'm using looks like:

./configure \
	--prefix=/etc/httpd/ \
	--enable-module=so \
	--activate-module=src/modules/perl/libperl.a --enable-module=perl \
	--enable-shared=ssl --enable-module=ssl\
	--enable-shared=log_agent --enable-module=log_agent \
	--enable-shared=log_referer --enable-module=log_referer \
	--enable-shared=info --enable-module=info \
	--enable-shared=auth_anon --enable-module=auth_anon \
	--enable-shared=headers --enable-module=headers

And my httpd.conf no longer has an AddModule section or a ClearModuleList
command.

It does however contain a list of LoadModules:

LoadModule env_module           modules/mod_env.so
LoadModule config_log_module    modules/mod_log_config.so
LoadModule agent_log_module     modules/mod_log_agent.so
LoadModule referer_log_module   modules/mod_log_referer.so
LoadModule mime_module          modules/mod_mime.so
LoadModule negotiation_module   modules/mod_negotiation.so
LoadModule status_module        modules/mod_status.so
LoadModule info_module          modules/mod_info.so
LoadModule includes_module      modules/mod_include.so
LoadModule autoindex_module     modules/mod_autoindex.so
LoadModule dir_module           modules/mod_dir.so
LoadModule cgi_module           modules/mod_cgi.so
LoadModule asis_module          modules/mod_asis.so
LoadModule action_module        modules/mod_actions.so
LoadModule userdir_module       modules/mod_userdir.so
LoadModule alias_module         modules/mod_alias.so
LoadModule access_module        modules/mod_access.so
LoadModule auth_module          modules/mod_auth.so
LoadModule anon_auth_module     modules/mod_auth_anon.so
LoadModule headers_module       modules/mod_headers.so
LoadModule setenvif_module      modules/mod_setenvif.so

Do I still need the LoadModule directives with the Configure I've used ( I'm
RTFM - believe me I am :D ) ?

httpd -l shows:
Compiled-in modules:
  http_core.c
  mod_env.c
  mod_log_config.c
  mod_log_agent.c
  mod_mime.c
  mod_negotiation.c
  mod_status.c
  mod_include.c
  mod_autoindex.c
  mod_dir.c
  mod_cgi.c
  mod_asis.c
  mod_imap.c
  mod_actions.c
  mod_userdir.c
  mod_alias.c
  mod_access.c
  mod_auth.c
  mod_so.c
  mod_setenvif.c
  mod_perl.c
suexec: disabled; invalid wrapper /etc/httpd/bin/suexec

However the libexec directory contains:
mod_auth_anon.so
mod_headers.so
mod_info.so
mod_log_referer.so

So Am I right in saying that I now only need to do a LoadModule on these in
the httpd.conf ?

At some later stage I'll be adding more modules - such as mod_gzip ... I
should be able to do this without re-compiling - right?

Cheers Boyle and everyone