httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jacob Coby" <jc...@listingbook.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] cgi called from javascript line not working
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2003 20:58:28 GMT
> I don't want to change them because, for one, I've got hundreds of files
I'd
> have to modify to put the SSI code in it, and rename the files. Some of my
> pages are referenced from other sites on the internet and it'd cause them
> all sorts of problems if I went and renamed my files from .htm to .shtml.

I didn't say rename, I said make mod_include work with .htm[l] files, there
is a difference ;-)  You can make php parse .pl files if you really want to,
and you can make mod_include parse .htm[l] files.  That would be a more
lightweight solution than to use perl (IMO, of course).

> Plus, on my web provider's site, this psinclude.cgi works just fine. Not a
> problem. I just don't know why it doesn't work on the apache servers I've
> set up myself. I must be doing something wrong, or missing some important
> step. I just can't figure out what that is.

When you view the source on the returned page, do you see anything where you
should be seeing a copyright?  Is the copyright page setting a
issue?  Does psinclude.cgi write to some div tag that is missing?

-Jacob