httpd-users mailing list archives

From "James " <jamesbond_...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Rewrite rules
Date Fri, 24 Jan 2003 14:07:43 GMT
Hi Guys,
No, it is not our server. So I cannot get to that server. I just
received some links. OK, it is possible if apache reverse proxy first
gets page from another web server with original software and then change
all hyperlinks in that page to some other IP and serve those pages to
client?

James

-----Original Message-----
From: George Valpak [mailto:gvalpak@yahoo.com]
Sent: 22 January 2003 03:15
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Rewrite rules

Is the other web server with the IP addresses one of your own servers?
Can you give us the URL? Why can't you or someone change it as part of
the project of putting the proxy in place? Didn't  it used to show the
IP address before you started proxying it if you didn't change the HTML
or templates or whatever? If the requirement to fix that has changed
along with the need to proxy, why not just fix the HTML? I can imagine
some good reasons why not if you have a complex set up, if so there are
a variety of ways to go here.

GV