httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ryan A"...@jumac.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] linux hosting (ot)
Date Sun, 19 Jan 2003 06:51:57 GMT
Hello everyone,
First of all, thank you everyone for your intrest and in replying.

The application i was talking about is a clone of eLance.com

No, i dont know linux but am willing to learn/read up on it.

Right now i am on a humble cable connection but i am willing to
upgrade...but to what and how much would it cost? (take a guess if you dont
know) I am in Stockholm,Sweden.

The reason i started this thread was most of the places are offering around
149$ a month for a dedicated server with around 5-10gb of space...and if you
look at it, all your life you will be paying that..isnt it better that you
actually have a computer in the end + total control etc for the same cash +
a lot more space,hardware etc? + load what software YOU want..and most of
the main stuff is free anyway...PHP,PERL,APACHE,JAVA etc etc

I am basically a web designer and a java programmer, if i could do this that
would mean i could also host all my clients sites on my server and charge
them too...

Hope i cleared up most of your doubts, but if there are any more
questions...just write.

Cheers,
-Ryan.