httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Wee Keat" <week...@visualdensity.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Unable to Restart Apache after Adding PHP Module
Date Fri, 31 Jan 2003 04:07:52 GMT
Hi all,

Please help me with this problem. I'm an absolute newbie in using Apache.
This is my first time.

/* My System */
Windows XP
PHP 4.3.0
Apache 2.0.43

I'm trying to setup Apache server with PHP 4.3.0 as module.

Here's what I've done:

With PHP... I have extracted them to C:\php\   I then have the php4ts.dll
file along with all other dlls copied to C:\windows\system32 (the dlls are
also in the original php folder - to be safe). Then as usual... php.ini (the
dist version) into C:\windows\

Now the apache... pretty easy setup... installed using the MSI version...
setup... "localhost" for both domain and servername and
webmaster@localhost.com. Nothing special. After installing, everything went
fine. The server was up...  and running smoothly with all the htmls.

Now ... the problem... I was following this tutorial on how to setup PHP as
a module in a few articles from sitewizard.com, devarticles.com and
php.net... all of them says just add this:

/* From Devarticles and The sitewizard.com */

LoadModule php4_module c:/php/sapi/php4apache2.dll
AddModule mod_php4.c
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

/* From php.net */

LoadModule php4_module c:/php/sapi/php4apache2.dll
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

I first tried the one from devarticles and the site wizard..... adding the
LoadModule, AddModule and AddType to the end of httpd.conf file. When I
restarted the Apache webserver, it could not restart. It just said "The
Requested Operation Failed".

I then tried just the LoadModule and AddType as instructed in php.net. The
same problem occurred. I could not restart the Apache server. It also just
said "The Requested Operation Failed". I tried to check the error logs...
but it does not seem to record a lot of things that I could understand.. the
only thing that I can find on errors are somewhere along these lines:

/* The errors from log */

[Fri Jan 31 11:57:23 2003] [notice] Parent: Received restart signal --
Restarting the server.
[Fri Jan 31 11:57:23 2003] [notice] Child 2540: Exit event signaled. Child
process is ending.
[Fri Jan 31 11:57:23 2003] [warn] (720995)The I/O operation has been aborted
because of either a thread exit or an application request.  : winnt_accept:
Asynchronous AcceptEx failed.
[Fri Jan 31 11:57:24 2003] [notice] Child 2540: Released the start mutex
[Fri Jan 31 11:57:25 2003] [notice] Child 2540: Waiting for 250 worker
threads to exit.
[Fri Jan 31 11:57:25 2003] [notice] Child 2540: All worker threads have
exited.
[Fri Jan 31 11:57:25 2003] [notice] Child 2540: Child process is exiting

/* end */

But everytime I take the lines in the above off (the AddModules, LoadModules
& AddType),
Apache can be restarted without problems at all.

Can anyone please help me with this? I'm really at a dead end here. I tried
searching for tutorials and resources... but all of them seems so simple...
BUT I just can't seem to get this simple setup right.

Please provide me with some guidance. Did I setup Apache wrongly or the PHP
wrongly? Or did I forgot to do something?

Any help will be deeply appreciated.

Thank you all in advance.

Yours,
Wee Keat Chin