httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ryan A"...@jumac.com>
Subject [users@httpd] linux hosting (ot)
Date Sun, 19 Jan 2003 05:42:45 GMT
Hi,
I am just very curious, I was going to buy an application but then the developer told me i
would need dedicated hosting for that app, then i went on the net and i see dedicated hosting
is REALLLLLLLY expensive...

my question is this:
with the same money it costs me a year of dedicated hosting (around 2000$) wouldnt it be cheaper
if i bought a server,loaded linux and host the damn site myself?

I am sure its not that simple so can you gurus tell me what i'm missing please?

Also any links to see the a-z of setting up a web server would be appreicated.

Thanks in advance,
-Ryan.