httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Kevin Smith" <ke...@netsmith.ltd.uk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] pl script error
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2003 12:06:21 GMT
Hi,

I'd thought I'd stay on this same subject as I have a similar problem.

However, my perl binary is at #!/usr/bin/perl as well and is stated on the
first line of the perl script.

The problem seems to be with Apache config of ScriptAlias or so it seems.
Here is the error log entry and the ScriptAlias Apache config entry.  This
perl does execute perfectly on the command line, so it's not a problem with
the script.

[error] (2)No Such file or directory: exec of
/www/htdocs/www.iin.org/www/auctions_cgi/auction_list.pl failed
[error] Premature end of script headers:
/www/htdocs/www.iin.org/www/auctions_cgi/auction_list.pl

This is inside a <VirtualHost> directive:
    ScriptAlias /auctions_cgi/ /www/htdocs/www.iin.org/auctions_cgi/

Why does the error log report no such file or directory, yet it seems to
confirm that it did indeed try to exec the script??  Confusing huh?  And yes
the, directory is correct, I checked it a thousand times. ;)

The script is also definitely been chmod 755.

The browser just shows an "Internal Server Error"...

Any ideas?

Many thanks,

Kevin