httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jerry Martin" <cher_je...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] configuration..:(
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2003 06:17:37 GMT

From: Jerry Martin [mailto:cher_jer84@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2003 1:11 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] configuration..:(

How did you install Apache?
Jerry

-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Sewell [mailto:thra5h3r@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2003 5:03 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org

Nope, but I just added it now to Task Shedualer or whatever it is.. put it
on whenever computer starts..

>From: "Boyle Owen"
>Subject: RE: [users@httpd] configuration..:(
>Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 11:57:21 +0100
>
>Seems like apache is not running...
>
>If you do ctrl-alt-delete then click on Task Manager, do you see apache?
>
>If not, you'll need to get a windows expert to help you - you must've
screwed up the install...

>Rgds,
>
>Owen Boyle

database. Regarding the replying bit, sorry but im using hotmail.:(
>I noticed that for the Apache Monitor, it says No services installed.
Prehaps this is the problem, but I have no idea how to add a service
(nothing relevent when I double click on apache monitor on the startmenu
near the clock..

> >From: "Boyle Owen"
> >Subject: RE: [users@httpd] configuration..:(
> >Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 11:19:16 +0100
> >
> >When you reply to this mail, click on "Format" on the toolbar, then check
"Plain Text" - puhleeeze!

> >Regarding the "Listen" - it is safest of you do not define this at all
(at this stage anyway). Then apache will listen to all live interfaces by
default. So, for now, just make sure any Listen directives are commented out
(as they seem to be).

problems, i.e. http://218.103.244.5/ (it's not working at the moment).

> >If you need to reboot or reconnect to your ISP, use ipconfig again to
check the IP address and change it in the URL accordingly.

> >Otherwise, because of the default Listen behaviour, apache will be
listening on the localhost address. So try http://localhost/ or
http:/127.0.0.1/ - this connects directly via the TCP/IP stack without going
out via the network.

> >You've got to prove apache is working before moving on to discover what's
wrong with the network/DNS or whatever.

> >Rgds,
> >Owen Boyle

I restart my computer.
> >I am using the host name thra5h3r.dyndns.org. Dyndns is a hostname
provider if you look at its page. I'm using Dynamic service.
> >I guess you mean this for the listening thing. Not sure what to do here
since my IP address appears to be dynamic (changing from 218. to 219.
sometimes.. here's a copy of what it is now.