httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Showroom Sales" <sa...@rixson-green.co.uk>
Subject [users@httpd] Shutting Apache Down in Win 98.....Or not!
Date Tue, 21 Jan 2003 09:09:03 GMT
Hi All,

Still trying to get to grips with Apache, I'm using 2.0.43 with win 98.
Using the console seems to have no effect so I start the server at a DOS prompt
using this:

apache -k install -n "localhost" -k start -w

Everything runs fine until it comes either to shutdown the machine or to log off
windows....Then I use the -k shutdown option and I get a message saying that
Apache is shutting down and then it says Apache cannot shutdown.

If I try to log off windows or shutdown the machine thru the start menu, I get a
message saying that I need to shutdown Apache first! Is it designed to be
unstoppable under Win 98? Or am I missing something here?

Sincerely,

Simon Hughes
Senior Sales Consultant.
Rixson & Green Ltd.