httpd-users mailing list archives

From "R Eliason" <relia...@alltel.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Windows XP post 'Not a Socket Error'
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2003 18:10:47 GMT
Hello All.

I am new to apache, and trying to wean myself away from being a microserf.
To that end, I have installed apache 2.0.43 on my WinXP SP1 machine.

upon first installation, I got a continious error log problem (sorta
resolved with a new libhttpd.dll).  Now, apache eats 99-100% of my CPU
cycles until it is stopped.  I haven't tweaked the install much (only to
move it to port 800, then 8080, then 8000 to make sure it wasn't a prot
conflict).

I have uninstalled it (it hung during uninstall).  I removed all regestry
entries from it. I removed pc-cillian (anti virus), support.com agent (From
Sony), and a remote console tool I use.  No effects, other than to waste
about an hour finding obscure reg settings and removing them.

I have verified that there are no port conflicts, I have shut down all (and
I mean all) unnecessary network related services from Microsoft....  So...
suggestions?

I have installed 1.3.27 - works like a champ.

So... anyone out there have a soluton other than run 1.3.x?
Thanks
Randy