httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Subzero" <subz...@spiderweb.tk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] VirtualDirectory
Date Thu, 30 Jan 2003 00:03:15 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "J. Greenlees" <jaqui@shaw.ca>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2003 1:03 PM
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] VirtualDirectory

> Subzero wrote:
> > This is the stuff about the VirtualDir that i have in my httpd.conf
> >
> > NameVirtualHost *
> >
> > <VirtualHost *>
> >     ServerAdmin webmaster@domain.com
> >     DocumentRoot "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache/htdocs/"
> >     ServerName www.domain.com
> >     ErrorLog logs/error_log
> >     CustomLog logs/access_log common
> > </VirtualHost>
> >
> > <VirtualHost *>
> >     ServerAdmin webmaster@dir.domain.com
> >     DocumentRoot "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache/cgi-bin/dir/"
> >     ServerName dir.domain.com
> >     ErrorLog logs/dir.domain.com-error_log
> >     CustomLog logs/dir.domain.com-access_log common
> > </VirtualHost>
> >
> instead of virtualhost * try with the name you want it to be.
> ( http://dir.domain.com )
> though setting your cgi dir up as a virtual host seems odd. it isn't
needed

I have tried changing virtualhost * with dir.domain.com but that only made
apache output the homepage from the default host (www.domain.com instead of
dir.domain.com).. it has to do with the order of which i have defined the
virtualhosts or something.. the first one is the default.. donät remember
exactly what it said in the help about vhosts, but it didn't work..
it is needed to setup that dir in the cgi dir (cgi-bin/dir/) as a vhost if i
want it as a vhost.. i want dir.domain.com instead of
www.domain.com/cgi-bin/dir/ so then i must use a vhost.. right?

> > As i said,
> > http://www.domain.com/cgi-bin/dir works
> > http://dir.domain.com shows me the correct .pl file, but it doesn't
process
> > it, it types it as a txt file
> >
> > i have also tried having this
> >

> >     <Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache/cgi-bin/dir">
> >         AllowOverride None
> >         Options ExecCGI
> >         Order allow,deny
> >         Allow from all
> >     </Directory>
> >
> ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/dir/ "C:/Program Files/Apache
> Group/Apache/cgi-bin/dir/"
>
> try scriptalias after you have defined the directory. instead of before.

just tried this one.. no luck.. it still doesn't process the .pl file :(