httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tom <duf...@usa.net>
Subject [users@httpd] .htaccess help
Date Tue, 14 Jan 2003 21:54:50 GMT
I think I have read every guide on the net about .htaccess (well maybe not all but quite a
few), but I cannot locate an answer to my problem.

I created a .htaccess file in the /var/www/html/bd/  directory of a Redhat 7.2 system.   Containing:
AuthUserFile /usr/local/bd/.htpasswd
AuthName Members
AuthType Basic
<Limit GET>
require vailid-user
</Limit>

I then created a .htpasswd file in /usr/local/bd and entered a user and password.

I then go to another machine and enter the url in I.E.
http://domain-name/bd/

The index.html file loads with out asking for a User/Password.

I have searched the internet, reviewed my httpd.conf file, I cannot see what is wrong and
why this will not work.

Thanks,
   Tom