httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jerry Martin" <cher_je...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] configuration..:(
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2003 14:42:03 GMT
Hi Ben,
Let me see if I can clarify some points.
Yes, you do want to use a DOS window.
Then you do want to navigate to the apache2\bin directory.
Next you want to enter the following command (only one command)
	apache -n apache2 -k install
This will install the apache service under the name apache2.
Now you need to start the service.  At this point the quickest way to do
this is to type
	apache -n apache2 -k start
to tell Apache to start the service named apache2.
You can also enter the command
	apache -h
to view a list of all the aviable parameters for the program file.

HTH
Jerry

...snip...