httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Mark McCulligh" <mmccu...@visualtech.ca>
Subject [users@httpd] Name-based Virtual Hosting Problem
Date Mon, 13 Jan 2003 13:51:07 GMT
I have been trying to get name-based Virtual Hosting working but I have an
interesting problem.
I have setup my conf something like this:

NameVirtualHost 192.168.192.100
NameVirtualHost 192.168.192.101

<VirtualHost 192.168.192.100>
   ServerName           www.test.com
   DocumentRoot         /usr/isp/site1/www-site1
   DirectoryIndex       index.php index.html index.htm
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 192.168.192.100>
   ServerName           site2.test.com
   DocumentRoot         /usr/isp/site2/www-site2
   DirectoryIndex       index.php index.html index.htm
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 192.168.192.101>
   ServerName           site3.test.com
   DocumentRoot         /usr/isp/site3/www-site3
   DirectoryIndex       index.php index.html index.htm
</VirtualHost>

The IP-based hosting works fine, but the two sites that share IP
192.168.192.100 don't work right.  If you are on site2.test.com you will
sometime get pages from www.test.com.  Example: If you keep hiting the
refresh button on the index page you not know what page yoo will get,
sometime the index page from site2 and sometimes from site1.  Also a couple
times when I was on www.test.com I get pages from site2 instead.

It is like apache is randoming picking from the two sites.

I am using apache 1.3.27

Does anyone have any ideas?
Mark.