httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jeff Cohen" <apa...@gej-it.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] FrontPage Extentions and/or ASP with Apache under Linux
Date Sat, 04 Jan 2003 07:37:06 GMT
Seems like this question has been asked already 2 weeks ago, and the
answer has been given by Future Shock, below is the explanation
regarding the FP extensions:

Frontpage Server Extensions for Unixes are supplied by Microsoft. Seems
that Unix support is handled by a company called Ready-to-Run Software.
There is a Beta for using FPSE2002 with Apache 2 and a patch to run it
with Apache 1.3. See http://www.rtr.com/fpsupport/fp2002supported.htm
I'm not sure about DAV (someone else may have an answer), but if clients
want to upload web pages using their FrontPage program you may also have
to consider what other parts have been developed using MS-centric
add-ons.
Below is a list of references that I have gathered into a file that may
be useful.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?ReleaseID=41372&area=sear
ch&o
rdinal=1
For more MS info:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnserve
xt/h
tml/fpse02unix.asp
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mirfak/
http://www.rtr.com/fpsupport/
N/G: microsoft.public.frontpage.extensions.unix
http://www.nicedata.com/Articles/apa_fp.html
http://www.cse.ogi.edu/~heinlein/fp-apache.html
http://zts.com/msfpse/msfpse4apache.htm
http://www.apacheweek.com/issues/02-07-12#news
http://newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=02/07/08/1358241
http://www.linuxnewbie.org/nhf/intel/webserving/a_m_f1.html
"Setting up Apache with mySQL, Frontpage 2000 Extensions, and PHP NHF"
is a Newbieized Help File (NHF) written by Dallas Engelken for newbies
to get Apache up and running with Frontpage support in no time at all.
http://www.apacheweek.com/issues/97-10-17#fpexe
http://alive.znep.com/~marcs/fp/
http://www.microsoft.com/frontpage/faq.htm
http://www.apacheweek.com/issues/96-06-07#setuid
http://www.joshie.com/projects/apache-frontpage/
http://www.rtr.com/fpsupport/fp2002supported.htm
http://www.rtr.com/fpsupport/fp2002_apache2_beta.htm
Regards,
FSBS

Regarding the ASP running on Apache server, as far as I know there's one
solution and it's called: ChilliSoft.
They provide support for ASP on Apache servers.
If anyone knows about another solution - I'll be glad to know about it
;)

All the best,

Jeff Cohen

FrontPage