httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jeff Bert" <soile...@sgwebspace.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] error.log
Date Thu, 30 Jan 2003 08:25:41 GMT
What version of apache are you using?

... I remember getting those right when the SSL attack came out.  Check your
SSL logs to see if there are strange errors in there.  If this is the case
and you aren't using apache 1.3.27 and mod_ssl 2.8.12 then you need to
upgrade (that is if you're using 1.3.x)

Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: Boyle Owen [mailto:Owen.Boyle@swx.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2003 12:16 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] error.log

This is not good - it means that the apache server daemons are dying for
some reason. If the server is "working" - i.e. serving pages most of the
time, then the cause is likely a third-party module which has been compiled
inconsistently. Then a request which causes this module to be invoked will
trip the error.

To explain a little more about seg faults: when apache and its additional
modules are built, code from various system libraries is linked into the
binary. It is essential that the httpd binary and any modules which are
loaded into it (i.e. mod_something.so files) are compiled against the same
libraries (same versions, same architecture etc.). Did you, by any chance,
recompile apache but load in old modules?

Rgds,

Owen Boyle

>[Tue Jan 28 13:48:16 2003] [notice] child pid 251 exit signal
>Segmentation
>fault (11)
>[Tue Jan 28 13:48:20 2003] [notice] child pid 264 exit signal
>Segmentation
>fault (11)
>[Tue Jan 28 13:48:23 2003] [notice] child pid 253 exit signal
>Segmentation
>fault (11)
>[Tue Jan 28 13:50:36 2003] [notice] child pid 263 exit signal
>Segmentation
>fault (11)
>
>Thanks

you receive this message in error, please notify the sender urgently and
then immediately delete the message and any copies of it from your system.
Please also immediately destroy any hardcopies of the message. You must not,
directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part
of this message if you are not the intended recipient. The sender's company
reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through their
networks. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual
authorised to state them to be the views of the sender's company.