httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jeff Cohen" <apa...@gej-it.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] VirtualDirectory
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2003 20:17:02 GMT
Hi Subzero,

You should delete the "VirtualDirectory" directive you have set up on your
conf file and add the directory as "ScriptAlias", check how is the cgi-bin
directory is configured and copy its directives, than change the route to
the folder.

Hint: the cgi-bin folder have ExecCGI option on its directives.

All the best,
Jeff Cohen

-----Original Message-----
From: Subzero [mailto:subzero@spiderweb.tk]
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 4:13 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] VirtualDirectory

Hi

I have created a VirtualDirectory in the conf file.
The virtualdir is a folder in the cgi-bin, but when i surf to my newly
created virtualdirectory, i see the .pl file i am accessing as plain text..
Everything works fine as long as i access that file by it's 'real' url, but
when i uses the virtual dir, i just see it as plain text, but i do see the
correct .pl file, so the virtualdirectory setting in httpd.conf is Ok i
guess.
i have added this folder in the scriptalias setting too.. but it didn't help
me.. i guess i really shouldn't need to add it there either, since i already
have the cgi-bin there and the folder i have in my vitrualdir is a subfolder
of cgi-bin

I have read through the FAQ about this and did just as it said, but i still
won't get it working..
Any ideas on what i am doing wrong or what i have missed?

/Subzero