httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jeff Cohen" <apa...@gej-it.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] apache 2.0.43 mod_perl install
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2003 00:24:13 GMT
Copy the files to a safe location and overwrite them with the new ones, of
course that the conf files should be the same or you can modify the default
conf files with the backup copy you've made, after that try the results.

No other choice that I know of, I'm doing that all the time.

All the best,

Jeff Cohen

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Rousseau [mailto:daniel_rousseau87@sbcglobal.net]
Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2003 6:17 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] apache 2.0.43 mod_perl install

I have Windows XP, Apache 2.0.43 currently installed, and I just downloaded
perl 5.8 win32 binary.  I extracted the files to another directory other
than my current server directory.  How do I install the new Apache 2.0.43
that I just downloaded, over my current version of Apache WITHOUT
overwriting my configuration files, my scripts, and my html and other files
currently used by my server now?  Is there any extra steps involved or can I
just overwrite the Apache executable?

Thank you,

Daniel Rousseau