httpd-users mailing list archives

From "William Martin" <marti...@adelphia.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Port Number and Aldephia user?
Date Fri, 03 Jan 2003 20:31:05 GMT
Again, please forgive me for asking another stupid question  as I have been
told by someone but I feel the only stupid question is the one that isn't
ask.

As of now, I'm in the midth of setting up my Apache server 2.0.43, in the
httpd.conf  I see a entry is set at:

#Listen 12.34.56.78:80
  Listen 80

As I understand it, the request by internet users is directed to Port 80.
What I have noticed in some of the emails from this group that if you have a
server that is blocking port 80 then you need to set it to 8080 to by pass
it. My question is, can you use any other number for a port instead of 8080.
For example.. like 500 or 5000?

Also, I  have another question.. Is there anyone in the group that is using
Aldephia to connect to Internet and have their own http server on their home
computer that Internet users can access to?  I am having all kind of trouble
getting mine to work here.

William