httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jerry Martin" <cher_je...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] .htaccess help
Date Wed, 15 Jan 2003 20:03:27 GMT
Extremely basic, but have you restarted the server?

-----Original Message-----
From: DUFFER [mailto:duffer@usa.net]
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2003 9:01 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] .htaccess help

I found the <Limit GET> on one of the turtorials on the web, I don't
recall
which one.  I looked at a whole bunch of them.
It just happened to be the last one I tried.

I went throught the httpd.conf file and changed AllowOverride None to
AllowOverride AuthConfig.
Restarted apache and still no go.
I can freely open the pages in that directory.  I even put jiberish in
the
first line of the .htaccess file which should return an error if the
.htaccess file is being used.  So it is not even looking for it.

I guess I need to wipe the harddrive and start over.  Its screwed up
somewhere, but none of the changes I make seems to make any difference.
Well this is a learning experience anyway.

 Thanks for the input.