httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Emil" <eboha...@eibassoc.com>
Subject [users@httpd] can't get virtual hosts to work
Date Fri, 03 Jan 2003 11:24:44 GMT
I have been trying to get virtual hosts to work. I have read all of the docs
and news group threads.
I have tried numerous variations.
Here is a syntax check and it appears that I have 2 virtual hosts

--------------
C:\Documents and Settings\Emil>apache -t -D DUMP_VHOSTS
VirtualHost configuration:
192.168.0.1:80         is a NameVirtualHost
         default server sonic.local (C:/FoxServ/Apache/conf/httpd.conf:984)
         port 80 namevhost sonic.local
(C:/FoxServ/Apache/conf/httpd.conf:984)
         port 80 namevhost eib.emil (C:/FoxServ/Apache/conf/httpd.conf:1016)
Syntax OK

C:\Documents and Settings\Emil>
------------

If I try http://emil  or http://localhost  or http://emil.mshome.net I
always get
the default server (sonic.local,  but I can not get it via
http://sonic.local  or by its ServerAlais of http://sonic).

If I try http://eib.emil  or the ServerAlias name of http://eib/ i get Page
cannot be
displayed. But if I swap the position of the virtual host durectives I get
the
reverse results???

My system is running Win Xp Pro, Apache 2+, Perl 5+ using ICS as host to 2
other systems.

Everything works beautifully, except virtual hosts.

Thanks,
Emil