httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jeff Cohen" <apa...@gej-it.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache on Windows with remote document root
Date Wed, 01 Jan 2003 22:37:29 GMT
Take a look with what I wrote to Paul 1 subject below,

Use as follow:
1. change the user "localsystem" that the Apache is logging up with to
the user name that has the permissions on the network computer \\p600
(if you don't have a user on your local machine - create one) 2. create
a directory alias on your server: Alias /ftp/ "\\p600\ftp_site" - I'm
not sure it will work, but try, if not you'll have to map the share as a
local drive and use for ex.:) Alias /ftp/ "g:/"
3. Set the appropriate permissions.
<Directory "\\p600\ftp_site" (or) "g:/">
        Options Indexes MultiViews
        AllowOverride None
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
</Directory>

Or whatever you'ld like to define on it..

Good luck,

Jeff Cohen