httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Gunter Verbocht" <gun...@verbocht.be>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Rewrite but keep original URL in browser
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2003 11:25:37 GMT
Hi,

I just wanted to thank you people. I have been successful with the
following command to proxy from one server to the other one:
>>ProxyPass		/  http://other.domain.com/userlogin/
>>ProxyPassReverse	/  http://other.domain.com/userlogin/

This of course in the virtual server of the original domain.

I also tried the following:

>RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^(.+).domain.com$ [NC]
>RewriteRule .* http://other.domain.com/user/$1 [P]

But then the browser successfully goes to the other server, but nothing
works. Css files are not found, images not found, links not found, ...
This is propably because the code goes to my server of the original
domain, and will not find those resources on that server.

My only question is if the method I use now (making for every domain a
virtual host, and add the proxy rules in it) will take up many resources
when 300 users simultaneously use this proxy on my server.

Regards,

Gunter Verbocht